BUILDING CONSTRUCTION & DESIGN
Civil Engineers build things: bridges, buildings, roads and more. Learn all about how they complete the process of building magnificent and necessary structures.
- The Best Colleges for Civil Engineering
- How Can We Upgrade Our HVAC Systems?
- The Top 5 Reasons You Should Become a Civil Engineer
- An Introduction to the Field of Civil Engineering
- Basic Methods of Waste Management
This subchannel includes articles on concrete technology
- Types Of Reinforced Concrete
- Concrete: Basic and Advanced Engineering Information
- A Guide to Concrete Building Construction
- Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete (GFRC)
- Characteristics of Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete (GFRC)
The geotechnical engineering subchannel includes articles on soil mechanics, geology etc.
- How to Read a Soil Report
- What is an Environmental Impact Assessment?
- The History of Activated Sludge
- Current and Future Advances in Surveying
- Soil Mechanics and other Geotechnical Topics at Bright Hub
HYDRAULICS IN CIVIL ENGINEERING
The hydraulics subchannel includes articles on topics like fluid mechanics, fluid machinery, irrigation, coastal waters etc.
- The Severn Estuary Tidal Barrage Project
- Water Power IS Renewable Energy
- Conserving Water with Agricultural Hydrogels
- Use Hydrology for Return Period Estimation of Rainfall, Like a 100 Year Flood
- Pipe Culvert Design Calculations
Civil Engineers are responsible for designing and managing complex infra-structures of cities, as well as the structural elements of building.